Sunday, September 16, 2007

...more of my story...

So...where was I again?...

I was banned from the Kimkins site for the things I said. I didn't have the forsight to save my last post. I don't know why I didn't think to save it. But anyway, one of the things I said in my last post was that if kimmer had admitted to regaining her weight, I would have understood and been supportive of her. I meant that too. I think anyone who has battled a weight problem would understand how easy it can be to pick up the old eating habits again and regain the weight. When Jimmy Moore joined KK he openly stated that he had gained some weight. Nobody browbeat him for it....we've all been there. I honestly think that many of us would have supported Kimmer as well. But she chose to lie about it. She chose to lie about alot of things.

That brings me to the part of my story that I am still struggling with. I am angry with Kimmer/Heidi/whatevertheheckhernameistoday. I am hurt by her actions. I don't like being taken advantage of. I want to get even. I want to lash out. I want my money back. I want her to suffer the consequenses of her actions. After all, she deserves it, right?

The problem I am having with all of those emotions and feelings, the struggle in my heart is this.....I claim to walk with Jesus. The folowing are some scriptures that came to me the other morning as I was walking to work, thinking about all of this. I had given my contact information to someone who was organizing a class action lawsuit against Kimmer, and I was thinking about what I would say to the attorney when these verses began playing throught my heart and my head.....


(Allscripture references from "The Message")
1 John 2:4 -6 If someone claims, "I know him well!" but doesn't keep his commandments, he's obviously a liar. His life doesn't match his words. But the one who keeps God's word is the person in whom we see God's mature love. This is the only way to be sure we're in God. Anyone who claims to be intimate with God ought to live the same kind of life Jesus lived.

Matthew 6:14-15
"In prayer there is a connection between what God does and what you do. You can't get forgiveness from God, for instance, without also forgiving others. If you refuse to do your part, you cut yourself off from God's part.

Matthew 5:38-48
"Here's another old saying that deserves a second look: 'Eye for eye, tooth for tooth.' Is that going to get us anywhere? Here's what I propose: 'Don't hit back at all.' If someone strikes you, stand there and take it. If someone drags you into court and sues for the shirt off your back, giftwrap your best coat and make a present of it. And if someone takes unfair advantage of you, use the occasion to practice the servant life. No more tit-for-tat stuff. Live generously. "You're familiar with the old written law, 'Love your friend,' and its unwritten companion, 'Hate your enemy.' I'm challenging that. I'm telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves. This is what God does. He gives his best - the sun to warm and the rain to nourish - to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty. If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that. If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any run-of-the-mill sinner does that. "In a word, what I'm saying is, Grow up. You're kingdom subjects. Now live like it. Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you.


Mark 11:25
And when you assume the posture of prayer, remember that it's not all asking. If you have anything against someone, forgive - only then will your heavenly Father be inclined to also wipe your slate clean of sins."


These are the thoughts that are on my mind lately as I think of my experience with Kimkins. I must choose to use this as an opportunity to live as Jesus lived. I must choose to forgive Kimmer, as Jesus forgave me. I must choose to take these feelings I have about being taken advantage of and lied to and lay them at the foot of the cross of Jesus....and choose forgiveness. So that is what I am going to be endeavoring to do. I am praying for Kimmer, as difficult as that is for me to do right now. I am praying that God's will is going to be done in her life, that He would draw her close to Him, that she would come to truly know Him and His love for her. I am choosing today to walk in the light of God's love, grace and mercy. Somewhere in scripture is the saying, "to whom much is given, much is required." I have been forgiven much in my lifetime.

All of this is most definitely not what I thought I would be saying when I started this blog!

14 comments:

Thinmint said...

Hi Vickie,

I enjoy your blog and this is a great post on forgiveness. This really hits home and stings too. I need to forgive too and not only Kimmer but one of the admins over there too because I really want to slap and ban that person. Thank you for the reminder to choose forgiveness now I need to apply this to my life. I look forward to more of your blogs and thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Deni said...

(((((hugs)))))
Vickie...you have quoted the same verses I've been leaning on for the past month!!! :)
I used to feel guilty for feeling angry to begin with.. and then I envisioned Jesus turning tables over in the synagog... angry with the way that they were "keeping the temple"... and I knew that anger wasn't a sin. I know that getting angry was the 1st step... that getting angry helped me get UP and tell people that "she" wasn't teaching us a healthy way to "keep our temples".
And now.. there's no more place for my anger. Now it's time for forgiveness, prayer, and loving.
God gave us EACH of these things.. and a purpose for each as well. The anger got us out.. and now the forgiveness will rebuild us again. :) The prayer will keep us focused on HIM and the love will reach out to those who have yet to see...

Becky said...

Awesome post, Vickie!

When an individual offends another individual, forgiveness is a choice for the offended party to make. Those who have been offended will find freedom in freely making that choice.

When an individual violates the laws of a society, that person must answer to society's laws in court, whether individuals who have been offended have chosen to forgive or not.

When an individual violates the laws of God (which we all have done) then I believe that person will one day appear before a higher court, to give account, as we all must. In that day, the biggest question will be whether each one of us has found forgiveness from that Holy Judge.

None of us can say we have never made a mistake. For our own sakes, if nothing else, we must walk in grace and peace, and leave the rest to higher authorities to sort out.

I believe all things serve a higher purpose, so I can only hope much good comes out of this.

Vickie said...

Thinmint...thanks for coming and reading my blog! I know what you mean about it "stinging"...it affected me the same way when those scriptures came to my head! But, once I chose forgiveness I really have started feeling better about all of it.

Vickie said...

Deni...thanks for sharing your thoughts with me about this. I love what you said about forgiveness rebuilding us!

Vickie said...

Becky...once again your wisdom has made it all a little bit clearer for me. Thank you

Christin said...

Beautifully said Vicki.

I too have struggled with forgiveness, anger, hurt, dissappointment, denial, frustration. All normal and very human responses. But I have also learned that God's Ways are so much higher than mine. I have no idea how deep and how wide and how immense his plans are for me or you or any of us. But I know that all of us leaning together on our Abba - our Daddy - our Father we cannot go wrong. When we are looking up and following His direction and His guidance we are on the same path headed towards the same goal, giving glory to Him all the way. Keep up the wonderful work Vicki, you are a true inspiration and a blessing.

Love,
Christin

Unknown said...

Two thoughts:

1) I think it is a mark of real Christian maturity that you are praying for Kimmer. I encourage you to keep that up.

2) Forgiveness is necessary, but that doesn't let Kimmer off the hook. She needs to be held responsible for what she has done. I encourage you to be involved in that, even as you forgive.

Forgiveness does not mean there are no consequences. God forgives us, but He also disciplines us. Kimmer needs to be "disciplined" by the law.

Kat said...

Friends don't let friends do Kimkins! Remember that cover girl on the WW Mag? Well, she learned the hard way about Kimkins and it's dangers!! Read her blog and decide for yourself.

http://the-journey-on.blogspot.com/

Kat said...

Boycot Kimkins in 2008!! Wanna know why? Go here to start and then read all the blogs:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet_Articles/Kimkins:_Anatomy_of_a_Diet_Scam/

wackytobeme said...

Hi Vickie,
I really appreciate your thoughtful post. Thank you for the sincerity of your heart. Heidi does need our prayers, for without the Lord's intervention, she is nothing but a sad, lonely miserable person, preying on vulnerable people with no hope of anything better. It is also our responsibility to warn others. Thanks for your help in doing that and telling your story.

Kat said...

This is one of the key players in the fight against Kimkins and I think you should read her blog...don't foget to search the webring too and see the other great info about this SCAM!

http://honeybeesblog.wordpress.com/

Kat said...

The "Time Worstall Tabloid Edition" says:

November 12, 2007
Kimkins
Kimkins, or the Kimkins diet has been shown up to be just another scam on the unsuspecting.

Heidi "Kimmer" Diaz, the founder of the Kimkin's diet - a low carb, low calorie diet - is schedule to appear in a Southern California court on Monday, November 12th, 2007. 11 former users of her Kimkins diet program filed a complaint against her one week ago, claiming fraud, false advertising, and unjust enrichment.
The Kimkin's scandal began when Woman's World, a popular women's magazine featured an article on the Kimkin's diet.

Ms Diaz, who was claiming to have lost 198 pounds in 11 months using her diet plan, refused to meet with the magazine in person, instead corresponding through email. She went so far as to send the magazine before and after pictures that looked nothing alike, which makes sense when people found out that the before pictures were Ms. Diaz, however the after pictures were taken from a Russian 'mail-order' bride web site.

The kimkins diet advised eating just 500 calories a day. That less than concentration camp victims were getting:

Kimkins diet followers reported hair loss, menstrual cessation, irregualr heartbeat, fainting spells, and liver damage from the starvation diet scam.

No damn wonder! Let's hope she's jailed where she can get a decent diet!

Kat said...

Happy 2008 All...Don't become a stastic of the Kimkins Diet Scam in 2008. I have faith in people and I know that there are a lot of people out there that will do the research and find the horrors of the Kimkins diet, the bannings of "lifetime" members for no reason other than to take their money from them, the no feedback from Kimmer herself on the site as promised and the dangers of the starvation diet that Kimmer (Heidi K. Diaz), who never even lost the weight herself, promotes. Ban Kimkins in 2008 and find a free and safe diet site to support your weight loss efforts in 2008. The year you will succeed WITHOUT Kimkins starvation diet!