Saturday, March 30, 2013

Let's Do Lunch

I tend to isolate and stop talking about my efforts to live a healthy lifestyle when I'm struggling. Anyone who's followed my journal for a while has probably figured this out :) And that explains my lack of updates recently.

Like anyone who is struggling with overeating, binge eating behaviors, or any unhealthy relationship to food, I have periods of time when I just want to quit, to throw in the towel and give up. I dream of a time when I can just eat whatever I want, whenever I want to...lol. The reality is.....that will never happen. Just like an alcoholic....this will be a lifelong journey for me. So, ultimately, quitting is not an option. I'm not willing to go back to the person I used to be...so the only option is to keep going forward. That's where I'm at.

So, I had my Weight Watcher meeting yesterday. I gained another 1.6 pounds. I was expecting it and it is what it is.

I made the decision a few days before my meeting that it's time for a change. Time to switch things up a bit to get going in the right direction.

I've decided to switch from tracking points to tracking the "Simply Filling" way. Along with that, I'm following the "Let's Do Lunch" (LDL) plan guidelines. Sort of the way some people combine low carb and Weight Watchers.

What it looks like is this, I'm eating the foods outlined in LDL, which coincidentally are also the foods listed as "power foods" with WW. Except, I'm avoiding potatoes, pasta, breads, etc. I'm eating my lean meat protein at lunch time, thus the name "Let's Do Lunch." I'm eating eggs, legumes, fruit, and vegetables for breakfast. And fruits, vegetables, and legumes for dinner. I am eating from these food choices until I'm satisfied. That's it.

I've been doing this for three days now. My body is in shock and apparently going through withdrawal from the processed carbs, because I have felt really blah. This morning I feel more normal. Last night I didn't have the urge to eat everything in the house for the first time in a long time.

So anyway, I don't know how long I'll be following this plan but for now it feels right. I'm continuing to go to my Weight Watchers meetings and I do still consider myself to be a Weight Watcher....that's the beauty of Weight Watchers...you can choose how you personally want to live within the guidelines of the plan.

I'm still doing well with my exercise. This week I only got one run in. But I did my PointsPlus workouts in the mornings. Thursday morning I wasn't able to complete the workout because I was too sore...so I gave myself a break...lol. It's Saturday morning now and I'm getting ready to go for a run.

I'm going to try and do better about journaling :)

Have a super great day!!

No comments: