Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Almost 2 Weeks in...

13 days since I eliminated processed foods, white flour, and sugar from my diet and started eating simply fruits, vegetables, legumes, eggs, and lean meats.

The first 10 days were brutal with the withdrawal from the simple carbs and maybe a detox effect? Whatever the reason I was tired, lethargic, and headachy for those 10 days. Over the last couple of days my energy has been returning to normal.

Aside from the carb/processed food withdrawal, I almost immediately stopped having cravings to binge eat at night. The bloat in my abdomen is significantly reduced. My pants are fitting looser again, and I had lost 3.4 pounds at my WW weight watcher meeting last Friday.

I am feeling much more relaxed about my eating. I'm not really tracking and measuring, although I am being mindful of my portions as I seek to be more intuitive in my eating. I am simply eating reasonable portions from the foods I listed above.

I had taken a week off from my exercise program because I was so tired and run down feeling. It's time to ramp it back up. Now it's just a matter of finding the time! Thursday evening will be the first opportunity I have to go for a run. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: