Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas Eve...

So, it's Christmas Eve morning. I am sitting in front of my computer in the early morning quiet, on the first day of my vacation, drinking a cup of coffee, watching one of my favorite cats sleeping in the chair next to me, and savouring the peace and quiet before I run out to catch up on all the last minute stuff I need to get done.

This morning as I reflect on everything that is happening around me, I am so grateful for the gift of Christmas....not the commercial, overdone, crazy, chaotic thing that tries so hard to replace the true miracle of Christmas in my thoughts and emotions...but the reality that on that night so many years ago God sent a Savior, the Messiah, to be born in the humblest circumstances, to live among us, and to make it possible for me to be reconciled to God through the shedding of His sinless blood. That is the truth I try so hard to keep focused on and keep my hope in during this holiday season.

No comments: