Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year has arrived...

...it's funny, yesterday I thought that there were so many things on my heart that I wanted to blog about this morning. But as I sit here with my keyboard in my lap and my first cup of coffee for 2009, they all seem so far away and not so important as they did yesterday. This morning feels like a new beginning. I am so very grateful for new beginnings! Thinking of new beginnings brings this passage of scripture to mind:


Lamentations 3:22-24 Because of the LORD's great love we are not
consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every
morning; great is Your faithfulness.




So, as I contemplate fresh, new beginnings this morning I realize that they are God's idea and I embrace the feeling of a fresh, new start and allow myself to drink in the mercy and compassion of God which is new and fresh and available to me each day.

No comments: