Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm back...again...

I know...I keep disappearing for weeks at a time and then reappearing with the words, "I'm back." But hey, at least I'm not giving up....right?

So anyway, I am back. I'm up another 5 pounds or so since the last time I posted a weigh in 2 weeks ago....sigh....



I'm weary of being out of control. I am tired of making unhealthy choices. I am ready for a healthy routine and for making healthy choices once again. My track record proves out that I can't say with any amount of confidence that I'm back to stay and my days of making dumb choices are over...but I can pretty confidently say that today I am going to make healthier choices.

I think I am coming to realize that this whole issue of healthy choices extends far beyond my food choices and whether or not I choose to exercise....it affects my entire life. When I am out of control...I am simply out of control. I find myself living to fulfill my "carnal nature" rather than being led by the spirit of God. I let my quiet time slide. I allow myself to nurse offenses at others. I live a completely "earthly" existence rather than keeping my eyes up and focusing on the eternal.

Philippians 3:18-19
For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.


Oh yeah, that's been me....living as though I was an enemy of the cross of Christ....my mind almost completely on earthly things and spinning out of control because of it.

So, starting again today I am determined that this will be me. In fact I am going to read this passage every morning for a while...

Colossians 3:1-3
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.


Happy Monday...

1 comment:

Grace said...

I was going to call you today. Haven't seen you here or on twit... was getting worried. We all backslide. We all feel out of control. And shoot, why should we feel in control when God is the one in control. Yes... focus on him and his words. I so need to remember to do this too. Good verses for me to see too. TY