Monday, August 17, 2009

It's about time I updated my blog, don't you think?....

As I mentioned a while back, I have been in a bit of a funk. I decided sometime over the weekend that I am tired of being in a funk. It seems that this is not going to just magically "lift" off of me so I am making a choice to get over it!

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.


Yep, that's what I have decided. And part of that decision is getting back to doing the things I normally do...like posting to my blog...and having a Monday morning weigh in...



Of course my weight is up even more. That tends to happen when I spend time being in a funk instead of making the choice to rejoice in all the good things God has given to me and done for me. I can't say that I am ready to say "I'll get back on my healthy eating plan and stay there"...because I am not ready to do that. But I will say that I am ready to try and make more good choices than bad. And I am committing to walking....speaking of walking....my sister and I walked at the San Diego Zoo last night...2.25 miles up and down hills. We saw this guy on our walk...



We spent some time with my oldest son, Chris (Autumn's Daddy)at the San Diego Wild Animal Park on Saturday evening. I love time spent with them..



I had this great idea that I could teach the kittens, Fred and Ethyl, to wash dishes and clean the kitchen but it's not going so well. They simply play in the water...






And then nap....



So, who am I to argue with kittens...they know about napping. So I have been joining them....



I've had some wonderful outings with my Knight recently...



and I have been enjoying my Starbucks gift cards (this could explain the weight gain)




Seems my life is pretty blessed so I am done being in a funk

....this truly is the day that the Lord has made...

2 comments:

Grace said...

I used this exact same verse recently... in my blog... I hate funks. I was in one this weekend... but it was date-driven... so it's over now. Have a blessed week... and I just love seeing your feet... well, you know what I mean.. right? LMBO

Deborah said...

Okay I came here to check your mental state and I see you are no where to be found. (me not finding you here is puzzling yet it remains to be seen if it is a blessing or a curse....cause I am surely not smart enough to know that lol ) I hope what this means you are happy healthy and looking towards your future with great anticipation and excitement my dear!!!! Or that you are just sick and tired of listening to yourself talk lmao. Love Ya Bunches
Debbie