Friday, April 15, 2011

It's a New Day...

That's the new Weight Watcher's Points Plus Plan slogan. It hangs on the wall in a couple of differn't places at my meeting. This morning I noticed it again and i took a deep breath and said to myself, 'yes, it is." And I was relieved. I had been looking forward to my weekly meeting because it marks the end of the old week and the beginning of the new. So when I looked up and saw the poster this morning I agreed in my heart that it is, indeed, a New Day.

It's been 7 months since I have blogged. It's been about the same length of time that I have been screwing around...on plan one day and off the next. I haven't stayed consistently on plan since Thanksgiving. Fortunately, I have been on plan enough and my habits have changed enough that I haven't really gained weight. I'm up about 2 pounds in 7 months...so that's not awful.

But this morning as I was driving to my meeting I realized that I miss the anticipation I used to have before my weigh in. I miss being excited that I've been on plan and the numbers are dropping.I realized I have awakened too many mornings feeing sluggish and ashamed because I ate to much the night before. Yes, as I was driving to my meetings this morning I realized that I miss truly being on Weight Watchers. I walked into that meeting ready to get serious again, ready to stop making excuses for going off plan....ready to start fresh. Yes...it is indeed a new day!

Somewhere in my thinking and driving I also realized that I need this blog. I need the accountability (even if only to myself) of blogging my journey.

So here I am...here at my blog to step in to that new day.




PointsPlus™ Tracker entries
Friday, April 15, 2011Morning



1/2 cup(s) fat-free cottage cheese 1
1 item(s) Kiwi(s) 0
6 oz Light Apple Turnover Yogurt 3
1 large banana(s) 0
1 medium orange(s) 0
Subtotal 4


Midday
1 serving(s) Tyson Mesquite Chicken Breasts 1 piece 3
2 pancake(s) Spinach pancakes 4
Mixed Veggies - Quick-added food 0
Subtotal 7

Evening


5 1/3 oz roasted chicken breast 6
5 oz cooked yams 4
Mixed Vegetables 0
Subtotal 10

Anytime


1 large kiwifruit 0
1 large banana(s) 0
1 small mango(es) 0
1 medium orange(s) 0
Subtotal 0

Food PointsPlus values total used 21
Food PointsPlus values remaining 8
Activity
No entries for activity.
Activity PointsPlus values earned 0

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hi my FRIEND!!! So glad you are back. I have missed you!!!

I'm still plugging along!! Lost 59 pounds so far, with a lot more to go!

Excited to watch your continued progress to your goal!! You can do it!!

Love & Hugs!!

Vickie said...

Hi Joy!!! Thank you so much for the warm welcome back! It's good to be back...and you are a total rockstar with your 59 pound loss!! Way to go!