Saturday, November 10, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes

So, yesterday was my Weight Watchers meeting. I always go to my meeting, even after weeks like this last one when I didn't even DO Weight Watchers.

The fact that I didn't do Weight Watchers explains why my blog has been blank. I didn't do Weight Watchers. I didn't track. I didn't blog. Way to hide from reality Vickie!!

So anyway, I went to my meeting. I gained 2.8 pounds. Meh....

So, once again, I am getting myself back on track. I am tracking my menus. I am counting my points. The reality is that this is my life. I will always need to track and count points or I will gain the weight back...it just is what it is.

We have "Magic Trackers" at my meeting. One person takes the tracker home each week and tracks in it for the week. Then it's brought back and passed on to a different member for the next week. It's grown to 5 trackers full of different menus, notes, and comments. I have the "Magic Trackers" this week. It will help me to be motivated to track.

I shared this story at my meeting. It's a cute story but its also an "out of the mouths of babes" story. Each week at our meeting there is a handout booklet. We call them our "weeklies." They contain tidbits of information, recipes, tips for working the plan and changing our way of thinking about food. They also contain a simple action point or "homework." Honestly, each week I toss it in the back seat of the car and forget about it. Last week Vern told me that our 7 year old, very precocious granddaughter reads them to him, and quizzes him on the information, when he picks her up from school. Last week she said to me, "Grandma, I noticed that there is homework in your Weight Watcher books. I noticed you aren't doing the homework. Weight Watchers is like weight loss school and you should do the homework. Remember, you've gained weight some weeks? You might do better if you do the homework. Okay, are you going to start doing the homework?" Out of the mouths of babes!

So, I'm going to start doing the homework. I might do better :)

No comments: