Sunday, November 18, 2012

Saturday November 17, 2012

Saturday November 17, 2012

I started my day with a long training run. I'm behind on my training for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in January. So anyway, today was the day to get that long interval run in.

On the mornings when I do my long runs I have a banana and some Greek yogurt before I run. Of course I have coffee as well....I ALWAYS have coffee!

So, I had my coffee and my pre-run breakfast, used my inhaler to ward off my exercise induced asthma, mixed my Performance drink in my water bottles, strapped on my running belt and headed out.

It was hard getting started. I spent most of the first two miles feeling like I was gasping for air. My feet felt heavy and awkward, like I was running in mud or sand. Eventually though, I found my stride. My muscles warmed up....and I began to enjoy the run. When I run, I run intervals. I run for 45 seconds and walk for 30 seconds....over and over and over again. This run was 10.8 miles. I ended up with a 13 min/mile pace. I walked the last miles and a half. This was a hard one. It's been too long since I did a long training run. By mile 7 I was feeling it. It's Sunday morning as I type this update and my legs are sore. But I feel good that I did it!

My menu for Saturday was odd. And I didn't do a good job of photographing my day. But anyway... I had my pre-run breakfast, my performance drink while I ran, and another banana when I was done.
7 PointsPlus

Lunch and Dinner were combined into one meal. I had to go to work for a few hours after my run and I wasn't hungry at lunch time. So when I got home I fixed shredded beef, the one from Costco. It's in a sealed foil pouch in the aisle where the canned tuna is. The brand is Sampco. It's extra lean and it's 1 PointsPlus per ounce. I made rice and black beans. I had a big bowl with rice, black beans, salsa, FF cheese, and shredded beef.
15 PointsPlus

Snacks:
Yogurt with PB2, WW smoothie mix, and banana.
Grapes
7 PointsPlus

Total 29 PointsPlus
Weekly Points Allowance used 3
Weekly remaining 46
ActiveLink Points earned 15
ActiveLink remaining 16

2 comments:

Cowgirl Warrior said...

I did Tinkerbell last year such a fun race. I do intervals as well I think it's better for the knees well that's what Jeff Galloway says anyway. Fantastic job on your run.

WWSuzi said...

Good for you on getting that long training run in!!
It's weird but I haven't been hungry at lunch time for the last few days either.
Hope you have a great day!