Thursday, October 15, 2009

Learning to be still....

I am trying to learn to be still. Trying to cultivate a meek and quiet spirit. It isn't easy. Once again this morning I read this in my quiet time..

Psalm 37:7-8 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret when men succeed in their evil ways, when they carry out their evil schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil.


and this...

Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.


and this...

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God...



There it is. It's so completely simple....be still, stop fretting, turn from wrath and anger, Know that He is God and He is working in every situation that I am experiencing. So very simple...and yet requiring great intentionality (is that even a word?)and requiring that I lay down my will and allow God to quiet my heart and empower me, by His spirit, to do what He has called me to do...which is..to become like Him...meek and gentle and humble in heart.....and to find rest in the knowledge that He is the blessed controller of all things.

On another note; I am realizing from the e-mails and private messages I've been getting from so many lovely women...(you know who you are and I am so, so grateful for your prayers and words of encouragement)....that I was unclear in my blog post about the difficulties in my marriage and I gave the impression that Vern continues to be an unbeliever. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Vern was an unbeliever when we got married but accepted Christ as his Lord within a few months after we were married.

No comments: