Monday, October 12, 2009

My Prayer

I wrote this in my journal this morning.

Lord,

Please help me and forgive me for turning my face away from you when times are hard.

I don't know how to fix this marriage, I don't know if I am willing to try. Lord, please make me willing. Help to accept whatever circumstances are in my life with grace and trust.

I confess that my heart is filled with anger, disappointment, bitterness and hopelessness. I am sorry Lord, I know that none of these emotions are pleasing to you nor healthy for me. Cleanse me and create in me a clean heart and a willing spirit to face whatever lies ahead for me. Empower me by your Spirit to be willing to do whatever it takes to build my marriage and to have the grace to love and forgive...no matter what the outcome is.

In Your name I pray...
Amen

Psalm 42:11
Why are you downcast, Oh my soul? Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
foe I will yet praise Him

1 comment:

Grace said...

My dear friend... as I said in email I am here for you. I know these are scary times but you have done two very important things... you have laid your cards out to Vern as to action that needs to happen and today you bring this to God. I'm proud of you. I wish my words were enough.. but I do know that Jesus' love for you is. I will lift you, Vern and your marriage up. Hugs for you Vickie.