Thursday, February 7, 2013

Reclaiming the Week

Wednesday February 6, 2013

This was a better day. I started the day with a PointsPlus workout DVD. I am loving this DVD. The moves are relatively simple so you don't need to be a professional dancer to be able to do the movements and, it gives me a great full body workout in 15-30 minutes. Right now I'm using the sampler that came in my success kit but I plan on buying the full set when they go on special. I've tried a few different home workout DVDs and this one just suits me well.

I also walked to work rather than driving. I'm trying to get back in the habit of walking whenever I can. Sometimes I don't budget my time well enough to have time to walk. I'm working on that :)

So we had chili dogs for dinner. I had two for 18 PointsPlus. I could pair it with a side dish of fruits and veggies and just have one if I needed it to be lower in points but sometimes it feels good to have a plate full of chili dog!
Anyway, I use Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks. They are only 40 calories/1 PointsPlus each. I use Hormel Turkey Chili with no beans, fat free shredded cheese, and regular hot dog buns. The buns are very points heavy so sometimes I split the bun in half and just have one. Or sometimes I'll use a sandwich thin and just place the hot dogs on each half of the sandwich thin. This quenches my craving for junky food in a reasonably low points, healthy way.

So even with my imperfect days and choices, I am technically with my points range for the week, counting that I had the weekly and activity points to cover my choices. I'm not really expecting to see much of a loss on Friday because I don't often lose when I use my extra points. But I feel better knowing that I at least didn't go off the charts with my eating.

I feel like I am reclaiming my week fairly well!

1 comment:

WWSuzi said...

I think your plan to reclaim your week is going great! Sounds like a great exercise day too :)