Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend update: Saturday

Saturday February 9, 2013

I started the day with a 6 mile walk/jog. There is a shopping center literally across the street from my home. If I do a loop around the center it's just over a mile. I didn't feel like being creative and deciding where to run so I just did laps around the shopping center. I can only do this on the days when I can run after its light outside because the backside of the center would be pretty spooky if it was dark out...lol.

After my run I had scrambled eggs and mushrooms with FF cheese and salsa for breakfast, with banana on the side.

After a shower we headed out for our tour of the Midway Museum. We walked to the trolley station, took the trolley downtown, and then walked to the museum. For anyone who doesn't know, the Midway is an aircraft carrier. So there was lots of walking and steep stairs involved.

After our tour we walked in to Seaport Village for lunch/dinner. I had 2 slices of deep dish pizza and a small Sprite. I'm still getting used to having regular soda on the few occasions when I drink soda.

We walked back to the trolley station and headed back to Santee. When we arrived in Santee we walked over to Best Buy. I got a new fitbit because mine died during my run that morning :(

With all that activity I earned 11 Activity Points...yay me!!

All in all it was a great day!!

No comments: