Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday June 27, 2010.....




We had a great time on our ride yesterday! No photos of me though because I am always the one taking the photos...but here's one of Vern as we rode out to the jetty on an old access rode. It was a perfect day for riding, overcast and cool. The wind was blowing pretty hard against us as we peddled our way along the bike path, making it a respectable workout! The GPS on my phone wasn't working right yesterday so we had to map our routes when we got home. We found that we rode somewhere between 17 and 20 miles total. We ride old fashioned beach cruisers so that's a pretty good ride!

My sister, Tammy, went along with us. She lasted about 30 minutes and then she had had enough...I think she really thought she was in better shape than me because she has lost over 50 pounds in the past couple of years...but she only recently began to couple it with exercise. Anyway it was sort of funny to watch her realize that she couldn't keep up with me in the exercise department...sibling rivalry you know! HaHa!

Here she is. I gave her my other bike, a very cute Schwinn beach cruiser, when I scored the Electra bike from the pawn shop.



After Tammy finished riding we had our picnic and then she left for home. We headed over to the bike path at Mission Bay Park and followed it out to the access rode to the jetty. We rode all the way to the end of the jetty and then back. My leg muscles were screaming for mercy by the time we were done! Here's thr route we rode. It doesn't include the ride in the morning, just what we did after my sister left us. It takes a few seconds to zoom in to our actual route.




We decided to go to a local BBQ joint for dinner when we got home. I was starving! I decided to throw caution to the wind and have the BBQ Chicken meal...hey, at least I didn't have the pork ribs!..LOL. I had two pieces of chicken, a breast and a thigh, some collard greens..YUMMO!!!...and baked beans....and cornbread with butter. I used my WPA points and I enjoyed every bite. I love Weight Watchers...I love that I have those points available to me to use when I decide to! Plus we eaned a ton of activity points! The tracker said 12 but I reduced it to 8 just to be on the safe side.



OK..off to church...

1 comment:

Lesia said...

Vern looks so funny on those bikes. It was the first time I had seen a bike like that when I was at Mission Beach last week. Glad you had fun.