Saturday, August 21, 2010

Friday August 20, 2010...

Because yesterday was my weigh in day and because I FINALLY crossed that 30 pounds lost threshold, I took a quick progress picture. The first two were taken in April after I had been on Weight Watchers for 1 week. The bottom one was taken yesterday. I love being abe to look back and see the difference!









I had the sweetest thing happen yesterday. I went by my parents' house after work. When I got there my mom could hardley wait to show me an ad in a magazine she had been flipping through that featured a Weight Watchers recipe. It was so cute! She was excited to share it with me. I love that she is so on board with what I'm doing. She is pulling for me, excited about my progress and proud of the changes I am making. She calls me on Friday morning to see how my weigh in has gone. I absolutely love that she is so engaged in my journey!


OK...so breakfast yesterday was an omelet with broccoli & FF cheese (It's tiny because I didn't realize I was almost out of egg beaters so that's all I had), sliced tomatoes, half an apple, and a banana nut Vitatop.
4 points





Lunch was a Boca Burger on a sandwich thin, FF cheese slice, lettuce, tomato, snap peas on the side and a couple of mandarin oranges.
5 points



Dinner was 3 oz of roasted chicken breast topped with a couple of tbs of spaghetti sauce from a jar, steamed broccoli, corn on the cobb (x2) and 1/2 cup brown rice/quinoa mixture.
8 points



I wanted desert so I diced an apple and nuked it in the microwave (in an omelet maker...lol) until it was tender and cooked through. I added a tbs of Brummel & Brown butter spread, 2 tbs PB2 powder and some Walden farms maple syrup (0 calorie). I mixed that all together and put it in a cute little polka dot bowl...have I mentioned that I love my polka dot dishes?....I topped it with a scoop of vanilla Golden Spoon yogurt....Oh.My.Goodness!!! This was crazy good!
7.5 points.


Total daily points used 24.5
Target 24
Weekly points allowance used .5


This morning I am meeting with a trainer at the gym to talk about my goals and have him/her help me to design a workout. I am not going to be working out with this trainer on a regular bass. The gym I use doesn't sell personal training plans. They simply have trainers on staff to help you get started and to answer questions, etc. I love that it's this way! I hate, hate, hate going to a gym that's ALL ABOUT selling training sessions and supplements....can we say 24 Hour Fitness?....I despise that place!

The gym I am using now is a new local place called "Chuze Fitness" (at least I think it's only local) it's $10.00 a month to join, no contracts, simply a month to month agreement. It's big and clean and I love it there!



5 comments:

E. Jane said...

Great job! I can really tell the difference.

Patrick said...

Before & After photos are huge tools for us in accomplishing our goals. And yours shows great progress which has to have you stoked to go get some more.

Is that, is that James Dean in your closet?

Anonymous said...

As usual your food looks yummy. Nice to see those before and after pictures. I can see the difference. WTG!

Lesia said...

WOW 10 dollars a month and ALL that equipment? No wonder you love it. My mom is alot like yours she cant wait to call me after WI night.

Shane G. said...

ok, i win the lottery I am totally hiring you to teach me how to make the delicious food!!

Lover the pics, and I can't wait to see more as you progress Miss Helen!!