Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Menu for Monday August 9, 2010...

So here's what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast was a toasted Bagel Thin with a mixture of PB2 Peanut Butter and fat free cream cheese (oh yum! This was so good!) and a sliced apple. I had a cup of coffee with creamer in it as well. Total points 5.5



The day was crazy busy and lunch sort of got away from me and before I knew it, it was after 2pm! I had a sandwich made from a Sandwich Thin & a caramelized onion chicken patty. (I cooked two last night and saved one for today) I paired it with some fresh green beans that I microwaved. These are so much tastier than any french fries I have ever eaten! Here's little secret. I keep several of those plastic, microwave omelet makers around both home and work. They are the perfect size for microwaving vegetables and heating up leftovers. I throw the green beans in one, give them a very quick spray of non-stick cooking spray, close it up and stick it in microwave for 2-3 minutes while I make the sandwich. When I take them out I sprinkle them with sea salt. Lunch was 4 points



Dinner was leftover spaghetti and a huge salad of spinach leaves, lettuce, tomato, broccoli (leftover),mandarine orange (fresh, "cuties", from..you guessed it...Costco!) I sprayed it all with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I also had my own home version of a diet cherry limeade. Diet 7-up, sugar free cherry syrup and a squeeze of lime.
Dinner was 9.5 points



I love an after dinner snack! Last night it was Golden Spoon fat free frozen yogurt, raspbery cheesecake flavored, with a Vitamuffin chocolate brownie cut up in it...Oh my!!! 5 points



Daily points used 24
Target points 24

Oh! I almost forgot this! Christine commented on my blog yesterday and said that she had never heard of Jicama and asked what it is.

Jicama is a root vegetable, like a turnip or a potato. It is crunchy and sort of sweet. It's super tasty and low in calories (or points if you're a Weight Watcher) It's really common in Mexico and maybe that's why it's so prevelant here in Southern California?

5 comments:

Karla said...

I love Jicama!!! food looks yummy!!

Lesia said...

I didn't know what that was either but I am going to ask around for some. miss ya!

Debbie said...

You did great on your points and the dessert looked wonderful. I like the green beans, where can I get one of those omlet makers for the microwave?

Christine said...

Thanks for the explanation! That sounds like an interesting kind of food -- part potato, part radish. But sweet? I'll have to see if my grocery store carries it, perhaps in the "exotic" food section! Thanks!

Vickie said...

Sweet the way a carrot is sweet...not sweet sweet...LOL