Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Microwave Omelet Maker...

Debbie asked me, in her comment on my last post, about the microwave omelet maker and where she could get them. I added a couple of photos below so you can see what I'm talking about. The photos are just photos I found on the internet but mine are exactly like this.

I bought my first one at Walmart but I haven't been able to get any there for a while now. I actually found my most recent ones at the grocery store. They were hanging from hooks in the bread aisle, of all places! You know, how they have stuff hanging on the shelves for impulse buying. Anyway, I paid around $4.00 each for them and I have two at work and two at home. I use them all the time!

I freeze leftovers in sandwich size zip top bags that I sort of roll down so that the food freezes in a long cylinder shape so I can heat them up in these little omelet makers. They are also the perfect size for green beans, asparagus, carrots, etc. I also microwave Broccoli Slaw mix in these and add a little Brummel & Brown butter spread for a quick side dish.

I don't have a photo but I also have a round egg cooker thing, similar to these, that I use for cooking egg substitute into a "patty" for breakfast sandwiches. Oh...and sometimes I actually make omelets in my microwave omelet maker!


2 comments:

Lesia said...

got a get me one of these.

Karla said...

huh!! Ditto on Lesia