Thursday, May 30, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again

Wednesday May 29, 2013

One thing I have always struggled with is getting right back on plan after a slip up. It's do easy to just throw away the whole week with wrong thinking. Thoughts like "I'll start fresh after my meeting" run through my head. So, I'm really happy that I was able to jump right back on plan and put the bad day behind me. 

Now to get back into the swing of exercising in the morning! 

As the day of the Rock & Roll Half Marathon draws closer, I find myself feeling sad that I'm going to be sitting this one out. But the reality is that my toe is just not ready for 13.1 miles. 

I've decided that since I'm no longer training for a half marathon, this is a good opportunity for me to start to train myself to actually run an entire 5K. Up to now I have "only" done intervals.  I'm ready to tackle running longer distances, starting with a 5K. So my plan is to ease back into running, as my toe continues to heal, by doing a Couch to 5K plan. 

That's it...that's all I've got today. Let's do this!!


No comments: