Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ok...here it is...

I wanted to get back on track with my blogging and have wonderful, insightful, witty, interesting things to say. But this morning I find myself tired and out of sorts, with very little to say. I have been having difficulty sleeping. Between my back hurting, my husband snoring, the cats thinking I am a trampoline, and the touch of insomnia that comes with being middle aged...I simply can't seem to get a good night of sleep. For whatever reason, this morning it has gotten under my skin and I am in dire need of an attitude adjustment! (and a cup of strong coffee....my feet will most definitely step through the doors of our neighborhood Starbucks this morning)

So...for today...all I have is my menu from yesterday....

Breakfast was pumpkin oatmeal made with 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin, 1/4 cup of scottish oatmeal, 1/2 cup fiber one cereal, and 1/4 cup of unprocessed wheat bran, cooked together with 1 cup of water and spiced with cinnamin and sweetened with stevia. This is a huge bowl of goodness for 2 points!



Lunch was a Boca burger patty on a Carb Check bagel with low fat mayo, fat free cheese, and lettuce, paired with baked kettle chips. I also had a sliced apple with Fage yogurt sweetened and spiced with cinnamin to dip the apple in. 8.5 points



Dinner was baked chili "fries." I sliced a large potato into "fries" and gave them a spray of cannola oil cooking spray and baked them until they were golden brown. I topped them with fat free cheese, 1 cup of Hormel 98% fat free turkey chili without beans, and 2 sliced Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs. I sprinkled the top with diced onions. Oh my goodness...this is junk food and it's actually pretty healthy! 9.5 points



My snacks consisted of a Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bar and a bowl of Fage yogurt with an orange sliced up in it. My snacks totaled 5 points.





Ok...that's it for this morning. I am off to get ready for work and exchange my pissy mood for a better one!

2 comments:

Carla said...

I'm feeling better today so you need to also!! I think the two of us need a get-a-way. We both have gone through a lot of familiy issues and maybe it takes a toll on us internally. We are both so strong but when we fall, we fall hard and all sorts of things happen. Or maybe it just REALLY sucks to be our age...

Love ya, hon!

Deborah said...

Hey (((((Krabby Vickie))))) Just wanted to stop in a give ya a big hug and let you know I care.
Love Ya
Debbie
aka KrabbyMikesWife