Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Today was a long, hard day...

Today was a long, hard day. I spent it in the emergency room again. This time with my mom. They admitted her. She has emphysema/COPD and is battling bronchitis. She's pretty sick and frightened. I think she's really much improved since this morning when I took her in. She was BAD this morning...it was scary. I was strong and reassuring and in control all day...I needed to be strong for her. I stayed with her from about 7am until 8pm when she was calm and settled in for the night. Now I'm going to have a good cry for no particular reason...other than it's so hard to watch my mom when she's sick and frightened and fighting for every breath...so now I need to cry. And then I'm going to bed.

5 comments:

Amy B said...

I am so sorry to hear that your mom is in the hopsital. I know this must be so hard for you. I will be praying for both of you all day. Please know someone today is thinking of you and praying for you.
Hugs my sweet friend..

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Oh Vickie I'm so sorry. Bless your heart, you have really been through it lately. ((HUGS)) and hoping for a very speedy recovery for your mom.

Grace said...

Dear Vickie... hope you got a restful sleep last night. I will be praying for mom and you both.

2BIG said...

Vickie praying for you and for your Mother. I know that after the fact emotional release feeling so well. Hope you had a good cautharsic cry and are reenergized today.

Don't forget to fuel yourself well for your days being both the caregiver and the loving child

Deborah said...

Dear Vickie,
Sorry to hear about your mom after all you've just gone thru with dad you certainly deserved some down time. I know all too well what you are going thru with mom. I pray your mom has a good outcome. Stay strong when you can and let yourself feel sad when you cant.....youre only human.
Love Ya Lots
Debbie