Saturday, May 8, 2010

Friday May 7 menu....

Yesterday was one of those crazy busy days at work...as Fridays often are! So I'm glad I had a big breakfast because there wasn't much time after that to stop and eat!

Breakfast:
Coffee with Coffeemate
Omelet made with FF egg substitute, mixed asian style veggies,
1/2 cup frozen shredded potatoes, 1 slice FF cheddar, and topped with salsa.
I also had a sliced banana and a mandarin orange
Total 6.5 points



The day whizzed by in a blur of phone calls, customers, and orders that needed to completed. Before I knew it, it was 3:30 and my stomach was growling. I made a quick snack from a very large apple and Fage Total 0 yogurt, spiced with cinnamon and stevia. This is probably my favorite snack! I counted this apple as 1 and 1/2 beause it was so big.
Total points 5.5



After work we ran around picking up a mothers' Day gift for Vern's mom...and one for me! (I got one of those big backrest pillows with arms for reading in bed. I've wanted one for a long time)




Anyhow...it was around 7;30 or so when we got home and I was hungry! I wanted comfort food.

Here's what I came up with. I LOVED this meal!

I made "baked beans" by combining a can of pinto beans, a can of black beans, onions, garlic, a couple of tablespoons of BBQ sauce and a couple of teaspoons of sugar. I let it simmer together for 15 minutes or so. I paired it with Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs. (These hot dogs ROCK! They are 40 calories each!) I had 1 cup of the beans and three (yes three!) of the hot dogs,sliced and added to the beans. I topped it with reduced fat cheddar and had a sandwich thin with Smart Balance spread along with it. Diet 7-up to drink and I was in comfort food heaven!
Total 9.5 points




Did you notice the "new" dishes? I got these dishes last year for my bithday. They have been packed away for the last year but I recently decided to get rid of my old fashioned, country kitchen look and update it to something more fitting to my personality...so I cleaned out my kitchen and installed my "new" dishes...and packed these away to be given to the thrift store.


No comments: