Sunday, May 9, 2010

Saturday May 8 menu....

Saturday was one of those days that didn't go quite like I planned and I am wondering if that may be some of why I lost control and had a little "mini binge" at the end of the day. I tracked it all and counted the points...and I am still within my points limits for the day/week. But in my heart I know I lost control a little and just stuffed my face with food, even though it was food that fit within my points range. I don't like that feeling. I guess it's not only about points and calories and staying within a certain eating plan. Sometimes it's about what's going on in my heart and how I react to it or how I console and comfort myself with food. But even that's weird because ultimately it doesn't comfort me if I find myself laying awake in the middle of the night wondering what the heck happened and why I did what I did.

So anyway....

I had planned to go and take my mom and my older sister to breakfast in early celebration of Mother's Day. But, my nephew, who lives with my Mom, got sick and had to go to the ER. That meant there was no one to care for my dad and my aunt while we were gone. So, the plan chenged to me just going over and spending the day with my mom and my sister at thier house.

I grabbed this on the way out the door.


We just hung out at the house and my sister made chicken salad for lunch. I had some on a bagel thin with a slice of cheese.




By dinner time I was home again. I was tired and hungry. I poached some chicken breasts and made a burrito using the chicken, some FF refried beans, cheese and pico de gallo.




It was after dinner that I sort of lost it. In retrospect, I think I needed to eat a more substantial dinner. I was not really satisfied when I was finished with the burrito and I had the points to eat more protein or beans, which would have been much more satisfying. But I wanted snacks.

So I had a bowl of FF frozen yogurt....then I had another...then I had some caramel rice cakes...then I had some more...then I took the bag and sat on my bed and ate it all....








Like I said earlier, pointwise I ended up being fine. But I'm not comfortable with the choices i made last night. But, today is a new day...

No comments: