Sunday, May 2, 2010

Friday April 30 and Saturday May 1...

Catching up the past couple of days...

First of all...Qristina, my beautiful daughter-in-law, reads my blog and asked if I use a food scale. The answer is yes. I use the digital scale I bought at one of my WW meetings. I paid $40.00 for it and it has proven to be worth every penny! It has points values for certain foods already programmed into it, which I don't use. The thing I really love about it is that I can put my plate on it, zero it, and weigh the food right on my plate.





There are a couple of other tools I use that make this Weight Watchers journey easier. One is the mobile app for my iphone...I love this application soooo much! It makes tracking my food and activity so easy and it's always with me. Along with using it to track my foods, I use it to help me make choices in restaurants or at the grocery store.



The other thing is my Weight Watchers Pedometer. I bought this at my WW meeting as well. It was $24.00 and I absolutely love it. I simply wear it every day and it counts my steps and calculates my activity points for each day. It also counts distance and time spent moving.




Friday April 30...

Breakfast:
Coffee with Coffeemate 1 pt
1 cup Puffed Wheat 1 pt
1/2 cup Fiber One cereal 0 pt
1 medium Banana 1.5 pt
5 Fresh Strawberries 0 pt
1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries .5 pt
Total 5 points



Lunch:
Turkey Pot Pie 5 pts
(I made this last week and froze the leftovers in single servings)
1 cup Grape Tomatoes 0 pt
1 Cup Cooked Broccoli 0 pt
Total 5 points



Dinner:
Salad made with
Fresh Spinach 0 pt
1/2 tbs olive oil 2 pt
1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese 2 pt
10 medium Strawberries 0 pt
2.5 ounces Canned Chicken Breast Meat 3 pt
7 points

Black Bean Soup 3 pt
(This is the easiest soup ever! Chicken broth,
Fat Free Refried Beans, Canned Black beans)

1/2 Sandwich Thin .5 pt
with 1/2 Tbs Smart Balance Spread .5 pt

Total 11 Points




Snacks; (Not Photographed)
1 cup Kix cereal 1 pt
(This is a great snack food!)
Quaker Quakes Snack Crisps 2 pt
2 servings frozen Yogurt 5 pt
Total 8 points

Daily Total 29 points
Target 25

Weekly Points used 4


Saturday May 1...

Breakfast:
Omelet made with,
Spinach 0 pt
1 slice Lite Swiss Cheese 1 pt
1/2 cup Egg Substitute 1 pt
1 tsp Olive Oil 1 pt
Pico de Gallo 0 pt

4 large strawberries 0 pt
Coffee with Coffeemate 1 pt
Total 4 points





Lunch:
1 Cup Fage Total 0 Greek Yogurt 2 pt
1 cup Frozen Blueberries 1 pt.
1/4 cup Fiber One Cereal
Total 3 points



Dinner:
Mexican Pizza made with
1 slice Falt Out Flatbread 1 pt
1/2 cup Fat Free refried Beans 1 pt
2 ounces Lean ground Turkey 2 pt
1/4 cup Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese Blend 2 pt
1 cup Grape Tomatoes 0 pt
Pico de Gallo 0 pt
Total 6 points






Snacks:

2 cups Kix Cereal 2 pt



Large Bowl of this stuff! 1.5 pt
This is a new frozen product I learned about in a "Hungry Girl" e-mail! I found it at Henry's Marketplace. It is super low in calories, fat free, and quite yummy! An entire pint only has 129-136 calories depending on the flavor!



Total snacks 3.5 points

Daily Total 16.5 (I'm not sure how this happened...I ate lots of food!

No comments: