Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday, what a day...

First things first...Here's my menu for yesterday. I feel like I want to come up with a better way to list my menu plans, a way that will show my activity and weekley points allowance, usage as well. I guess I could just start typing those in at the end. Anyway, here's what I ate yesterday:


Friday, February 27, 2009

Morning
1 serving(s) Yogurt, Dannon Light & Fit 2
1/2 cup(s) unsweetened frozen blueberries 0.5
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
1/2 serving(s) Oats, Bob'e Red Mill, uncooked 1/2 cup 1.5
Subtotal 5.5

Midday
1/2 medium apple(s) 0.5
1 serving(s) Bread 45 calories per slice 2 slices 1
1 serving(s) Cheese Slice fat free 1
1 serving(s) Yoplait Light Yogurt 2
1 serving(s) costco fat free ham 2oz 2
Subtotal 6.5

Evening
1 cup(s) cooked cauliflower 0
3 oz cooked chicken fillet 2.5
1/2 cup(s) cooked white rice 2
1 cup(s) cooked brussels sprouts 0
1 tsp olive oil 1
Subtotal 5.5

Anytime
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
1 serving(s) Yoplait Light Yogurt 2
Subtotal 3.5
Food POINTS values total used 21
Food POINTS values remaining 2


And Here is my menu for today, Saturday...

POINTS® Tracker entries

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Morning
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
1 serving(s) Yoplait Light Yogurt 2
Subtotal 3.5

Midday
3 item(s) egg white(s) 1
1 serving(s) costco fat free ham 2oz 2
2 serving(s) Cheese Slice fat free 1
1/2 cup(s) frozen cauliflower florets 0
2/3 cup(s) cooked brussels sprouts 0.5
Subtotal 4.5

Evening
1 serving(s) Subway Footlong Veggie Delight 9
2 serving(s) Subway Honey Mustard Sauce Fat Free 1.5 Tbs 1
1 serving(s) Yogurt, Dannon Light & Fit 2
Subtotal 12

Anytime
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
Dried Fruit Snack - Quick-added food 1
1 serving(s) Yoplait Light Yogurt 2
Subtotal 4.5

Food POINTS values total used 24.5
Food POINTS values remaining 0
Activity
58 min walking, leisure 3


So I had another, completely different post planned for today and I had started to write it before we headed out to spend the day together. I was going to finish it when I got home. But...the day I had changed my plans!

First, I decided that we needed to go by my Mom's house so I could weigh in this morning. Unlike last week, I had no apprehension about my weigh in at all. Last week I had anxiety and apprehension about weighing in but this week I just KNEW it was going to be good to step on that scale. WRONG!!! Ahem....I stepped on the scale and it said I had gained SEVEN pounds!!! So I stepped off and then back on and it said I gained 9 pounds. So, back off and on....4 pounds.....argh!!! At this point I realize that the scale is malfunctioning and I am soooo trying to take it in stride and not get depressed over it but I am really disappointed. Disappointed to the point that I was very tempted to just throw caution to the wind and have myself a binge! Well, I don't really know if I would have actually been planning to BINGE at that moment...but I most definitely wanted to eat whatever I wanted...and I sure didn't want anything healthy or low fat or good for me!

But, the thing is, I am not doing this to earn a number on a scale. I am trying, with the Lord's help, to overcome the sin of gluttony. I am trying to learn to be content with eating for nutrition and turning to the Lord for comfort and fulfillment...and not to food. Binging because I am disappointed with a number on a scale would be pretty counterproductive now, wouldn't it?

So...we went out to face the day. Had some time together...had an argument over an issue that keeps coming up between us. Yep....bad weigh in, and argument with Vern...not such a fun day. But I stayed on plan.

So, we ended up going and buying a new scale. I hate, hate, hate it..but my weight is 10 pounds more than I thought. Apparently the scale at my Mom's house hasn't been functioning properly all along...{{sigh}}. I don't really know what my starting weight was. I don't think any of my weights have been accurate. I REALLY don't think I have gained ten pounds this week while staying within my alloted point range. So, here's the plan. I am going to weigh in on Monday morning on my new scale. I am going to record that as my new start weight. I am going to do measurements and I am going to keep moving forward from there.

4 comments:

Grace said...

I'm proud that you didn't go off plan when the scale lied to you. And here I say it... but sometimes I don't believe it myself... it's just a number... the way you feel and how your clothes feel (thus... measurements) is the proof.

I did get some alone time with DH... it was nice. Have a blessed Sunday.

Vickie said...

Thanks Grace!! I am happy that I didn't spin out of control over the stupid scale...you know!?

Deborah said...

Damn scales...they say something different everyday if you get on em. Ive lost 1/2 lb in 4 weeks so I know completely how easily we can get discouraged by that dumb number. You did the right thing to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and congratulate yourself for all the good days youve had!!! Ive not felt like posting much the last couple of days. Lets see...my son (19) got a ticket in the forest preserve on wed for......drum roll......cannabis. And my daughter (17) threw up last night in her friends car. So you can safely say Im not having a great week. Nothing to brag about on this homefront. Crying today I told them both I dont care if theyre not embarrassed by their behavior....Im embarrassed enough by the both of them. Not sure why Im unloading all of this in your journal other than you feel like a good sympathetic friend to me and maybe my week can help put your week into perspective lol. Im here to help!!!! Well I feel a lot better to have gotten it off my chest if nothing else. Why is it when you have that sweet little baby in your arms smiling and cooing noone every tells you what being a parent is really like???? If I hear one more time how they are the "good ones" in their respective groups Im gonna scream. And how much worse their friends are. I told them both....well maybe they need to strive to be a little better than "just better" than their friends. I feel like I have totally failed them as a mom by being too nice...I see now where its gotten me. Thanks for listening dear. Heres hoping and praying the scale shows your hard work next week.
Love Ya
Debbie

Vickie said...

Oh Debbie...I'm so sorry your kids are giving you such a hard time. It's tough when they're older and making choices that go sooo against what you would choose for them. I'll be praying for them and for you as well my friend. I've missed you and I'm glad you came here to vent your frustration and share your struggles with me. That's what friends are for! I love you...{{{hugs}}