Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday is waking up....

Here it is, Wednesday morning, and I am sitting at my desk sipping a cup of coffee. The cats have been fed and are happily licking themselves clean. Vern just left for work. It's still dark outside. The house is quiet. And I am simply soaking in the peacefulness of this, my favorite time of day. I have always love this time of the day best. This time, early in the morning, when the world seems to be on the verge of waking up, but for right now, it's so very quiet. It's not just quiet...it's peaceful, it's calm. In just a little while the day will burst forth in activity....but right now it's just me, 2 cats, and a quiet house.

Good news! Vern's car is fixed! It was a relatively minor repair. My boss advanced me my bonus pay to cover the cost and right now Vern is driving his "jalopy," as he calls it, to work. I can honestly say I wasn't really worried about it. We have two cars and we live one mile from my job. So we can function with only one car if we need to. But it's nice to have it fixed.

Last night was my ladies bible study group. We are doing a study with the book, "Calm My Anxious Heart, A woman's guide to contentment" by Linda Dillow. We are just getting started and last night was chapter one. This is going to be a great study for me! I am so glad that we picked this book.

Ok...I could go on and on this morning but I need to go and get ready for work. So, here's my menu from yesterday:




POINTS® Tracker entries

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Morning
1/4 cup(s) uncooked oatmeal 1
1 serving(s) Yoplait Light Yogurt 2
1 medium apple(s) 1
Subtotal 4

Midday
Blueberry Herbal Iced tea 0
mixed roasted veggies, 1 cup 0
Eat Right Frozen Entree 6
Subtotal 6

Evening
2 serving(s) Cheese Slice fat free 1
3 oz cooked chicken fillet 2.5
1 serving(s) English muffin, Thomas' Light 1
2 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise 0.5
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 2
Subtotal 7

Anytime
1 medium apple(s) 1
1 serving(s) Yoplait Light Yogurt 2
1/4 cup(s) uncooked oatmeal 1
Subtotal 4

Food POINTS values total used 21
Food POINTS values remaining 2
Activity
40 min walking, brisk 3
Activity POINTS values earned 3


Once again, I ended up being a little bit under on my points. I seem to encounter that on really busy, rushed days. I think the answer is a bit more healthy oil. Those couple of points could easily be made up with a bit of olive oil.

OK...I am off to start my day. The world outside my window is becoming light and waking up. Let the day begin!!

No comments: