Friday, February 6, 2009

This morning I was awakened by a thought...

....that was running through my mind, over and over again, like a tape loop. It was this;

Jesus said, "I am the light of men and he who follows me does not walk in darkness"

I quoted it here exactly as it was in my head, without looking it up to see if it was an exact quote of scripture. I'm serious...it was running through my head over and over...the way a song gets stuck in your head. I would drift back to sleep and when I awoke again it was still there...over and over, "I am the light of men..."

I have since looked it up and found it to be a paraphrased form of a passage in John.

John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the
world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light
of life."



I am posting it here for my own benefit, so that I will have a record of it. I want to put it here while it's still fresh in my mind and before I can begin to talk myself out of the reality of it. I know with all my heart that the Spirit was speaking to me this morning and I want to have this post to reference back to.

I feel like God is showing me something or preparing me for something that is to come. That's all I know so far...well that...and that I won't be walking in darkness.

No comments: