Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday January 4, 2013

Happy Friday!! And Happy first Weight Watcher meeting/weigh-in of 2013. I am up .4 of a pound this week. it could (should) have been a lot worse. I'm ready to start the new year strong and move toward my goal of being healthy and fit.

My weight this morning was 184.2. That is up 8.4 pounds from my weight on October 12, when I hit 50 pounds lost. It is quite eye-opening for me to realize just how quickly the weight comes back when I slip back into old habits.

So, as I sad yesterday, 2013 is my year to REALLY begin the transformation from the inside out. My year to REALLY begin to deal with the mental and psychological reasons for my overeating. This year I am going to follow the WHOLE Weight Watchers plan, rather than just doing the diet.

So, one thing I have begun is the suggestion of putting my fork down between bites and sipping on water. If you were to ask me if I eat fast I would probably tell you no. But I have started to notice that I am usually the first one done eating whenever I sit down to a meal with others. So apparently I need to slow down! I am not having 100% success with this habit yet. Sometimes I am several bites into a meal before I remember to get my water....but I am making progress.

One more thing I am going to be intentional about doing this week is to ask myself if I really want to eat this or that, before I shove it in my mouth. Just a way to be a little more mindful of my choices.

These are small steps but I think they will add up to a change in my behavior, eventually.

Lastly, I don't talk a lot about my spiritual life here, but it is very much a part of who I am and I'm realizing more and more that I need God's help in dealing with all of this. So, I am being very intentional about my quiet time in the mornings. Time of reading my Bible and asking God to help me in my journey. Lately I've been thinking a lot about how much of the sin in the bible revolved around food. The original sin in the Garden of Eden involved Eve eating something that God had told them not to eat. So anyway, I'm not sure what sort of insight I will gain from that but I feel like there's something for me to learn there.

So there we go! Happy New Year....let's DO THIS!!!

onward :)

1 comment:

WWSuzi said...

Indeed we can!!
This is going to be a great year for both of us. I can't wait to follow your journey of inspiration.