Sunday, January 6, 2013

Saturday January 5, 2013

Saturday January 5, 2013

I started the day with a walk/run. I did 10 miles. I interval ran the first 6 and then walked the rest. I learned that 32 degrees is very cold!! I dressed in layers and I thought I would warm up from running....I didn't. The cold made my muscles ache and cramp. 32 degrees is very cold.....duh! I live in Southern California ...I am not used to cold, and yes, I don't know how to drive in real weather...lol. Anyway, I did 10 miles. My pace was very slow. I am more than a little bit concerned about how I'll do in the Tinkerbell half marathon in 2 weeks. I'm really not ready for it. I'll be happy if I can finish it in the time allotted. We'll see...
My 10 mile run earned me 13 ActiveLink points.

After my run I soaked in a hot tub to thaw out and then got my day started. This was a day of running a few errands and visiting my mom.

I had a snack before I started my walk/run, of some Greek yogurt and half of a banana.

My day was rather late getting started after I got back so I had breakfast at about noon. I ate at my shop while I was there catching up in some paperwork and banking.

I spent a couple of hours visiting my mom. I had black coffee and ONE cookie! I'm rather proud of only having one! Yay me!!

Dinner was chicken breast, leftover from a rotisserie chicken, a baked yam and mixed veggies. It was good...I was hungry.

My snacks were fruit, milk, cheese, and a bowl of beans. I really probably didn't need the beans. It was a small serving though and I tracked it.

I worked on putting my fork down between bites and sipping on water...and trying to be mindful of slowing down and savoring the bite I was chewing. I'm amazed at how much I have to work at this simple action. It does not come naturally to me at all!

All in all it was a good day.

Onward....

No comments: