Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2, 2013

Getting Back On Track

The holidays are finally over!! Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute of the season...even the crazy busy month at work! But there's something comforting about life settling back into a normal routine.

I've slipped way out of control this holiday season and its causing me to really think about some things. Things like; Why do I do the things I do? What needs to change in order for 2013 to be a better year in terms of my health and fitness goals? I ultimately settled on a couple of things. ...

First, while I SAY all the time that Weight Watchers is not a diet, it's a tool to help me change my lifestyle, I very often live like it's a DIET. What I mean is this...if I simply follow the food plan without actually doing the work of changing the way I think, the way I react to circumstances, the ways in which I comfort myself, then Weight Watchers is simply another diet.

A few weeks ago, when Weight Watchers rolled out the "Weight Watchers 360" plan, I purchased the new member kit. I set it on a shelf with the intention of going through the materials later. It set on that shelf until a few days ago. When I finally opened it up, I found a "Success Handbook" among the items included in it. As I began thumbing through the pages I realized that THIS is different!! This is a handbook designed to help one to make the very changes I am seeking to make! So that is where I am starting on this day, January 2, 2013. I have begun working through the handbook. There are some fun, scrapbook type things in the beginning if it that I will need to go back and do over the next few days...but chapter one is about "Master Your Motivation." So that us what I will be working on this week, starting with "3 steps that kick motivation into gear."
1. Take action
2. That action can be very small
3. The action doesn't have to be about following rules.

So, here's the actions I will be starting with. I will drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I will set my alarm to remind me to get up and move every hour. And, I will track my food.

There we go! A plan for finding my way back to my healthy lifestyle that got lost in the shuffle of the holiday season. I can do this!! WE can do this!! 2013 is going to be a great year!!

No comments: