Monday, January 28, 2013

Sunday January 27, 2013

Sunday January 27, 2013

I'm typing this on Monday morning and I am so stinkin pleased with myself!! Finally!! A whole weekend on plan!! I can't remember the last time that's happened!

I have my dinner menus planned for the week. I cooked dinner both on Saturday and Sunday. (This is a huge deal!!!) I cleaned out my freezer and took stock of what's in there so I can begin to use up what we have already. I cleaned out the fridge as well and went to the grocery store to pick up a few things to pull it all together. My total from the store was under $60.00. This is definitely going to save me some money.

So anyway...Sunday morning I had cereal before we left for church. Oh, and I had my coffee black with stevia and cinnamon. It was good so I didn't buy any cream :)

I cooked dinner when we got home so we had a late lunch/early dinner. I have a whole bunch of chicken breast filets that are already seasoned with different flavors. I bought them from one of those meat services. They are individually packaged and thaw quickly in a sink of cool water. We will be eating these a lot until they're used up. I've made a commitment to use up what we already have before buying more....except that I did buy a couple of pounds of lean ground beef to mix with the ground turkey breast that I already have.

After we ate we popped in a DVD. I watched about 45 minutes of it and decided I wasn't enjoying it. So I put my shoes on and went for a walk. I walked 4 miles. I can really feel how fatigued my legs still are from the half marathon. I was so tired after my walk! My legs were achy and I was tempted to call Vern to come and pick me up...lol...but I finished!

Throughout the day and evening, I snacked on fruit and string cheese.
I had a bowl of Greek yogurt with cinnamon and stevia, mixed with a half of a packet of WW smoothie mix, with a pumpkin spice VitaTop crumbled on top at around "dinner time." It was so good!

This was a good weekend. I feel good about the direction I'm going with my journey to a healthy and fit lifestyle and I'm ready to tackle the week!


2 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I just finished eating up everything in my fridge and freezer :)
So today I cleaned it all out! Now all I need to do is fill it up tomorrow.
Way to go on staying on plan all weekend.

Vickie said...

Thanks...I can't believe how much stuff I have in the freezer! We're going to be eating it for the next few weeks :)