Thursday, January 31, 2013

Still doing it!

Wednesday January 31, 2013

Still on plan!! 6 Days!! Somebody pinch me...lol.

Seriously though, when I was struggling so hard to get back on plan, and feeling like I was spiraling out of control, I think I began to fully realize that I can't do this in my own strength. That's when I began, in earnest, to seek the Lord's help in my weight loss journey. Oh, I thought I was relying on Him before. But, I found myself saying things like, "This week I WILL do better." Rather than saying, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." I realized I was relying on my own power to change me, which, when I think about it, is really quite prideful of me! So anyway, I would be remiss if I didn't say that I have been praying daily that God, through the power of His Holy Spirit, would strengthen me to do this journey and help me to have temperance and self control. I am thanking and praising Him for His faithfulness in helping me this week. :)

I made pork sirloin cutlets for dinner. I had a small, lean pork sirloin roast in the freezer. Remember, I'm using up the foods in my freezer. So, I cut it into cutlets and just fried them in a TBS of olive oil, with a little sea salt. I made macaroni and cheese for Vern and Shiritaki noodles and cheese for myself.

Here's my recipe for Shiritaki Mac & Cheese:

1 Pkg Shiritaki
1wedge laughing Cow light Swiss
1 slice kraft Fat free sharp cheddar
(Kraft Singles)
1tbs Brummel and Brown Spread.

Rinse Shiritaki noodles really well I hot running water, drain and add them to a hot skillet that's been sprayed with nonstick spray. Stir them on med-high heat until all the water is absorbed and the lose that transparent look. I cook them for about five minutes. Turn of the heat and add the cheeses and the spread. Cover it and allow the cheese to begin to melt for a couple of minutes. Stir it all together, blending everything as the cheeses continue to melt. I add some salt and an organic seasoning mix from Costco. That's it...simple, ready in a few minutes...and 3 PointsPlus for the whole thing. I use the shiritaki that doesn't have tofu in it. If you use the tofu ones they are 1 Point. You're welcome :)

I did a WW 30 minute workout, from a DVD, in the morning. I'm typing this on Thursday morning...and I am so sore!! Hurts so good, right?

No comments: