Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Monday & Tuesday January 7 & 8, 2013

Monday & Tuesday
January 7 & 8, 2013

It's been a busy couple of days. Every once in a while there is a week when my home fellowship group and my bible study group meet in the same week. This is that week.

One of the areas where I struggle REALLY hard with compulsive eating is any time I come home late. Any activity that brings me home later in the evening is a huge stumbling block for me. My food journals are evidence of this.

I'm realizing, even as I type this, that losing control and overeating when I come home late is a HABIT!! Or as we're learning in Weight Watchers 360....it's a routine I've developed over the years and its deeply ingrained in my behaviors.

I'm finally realizing that I am not powerless to change this. I'm not doomed to keep repeating this behavior. I can develop a new habit....a new routine.

I need a plan....a routine to follow when I arrive home late in the evening. I think a cup of tea with cream will be a good substitute.

I'm sure it won't be easy. It will take effort. But I can do this.

What I did right....I tracked everything. I used my weekly points allowance to cover my night time eating. I exercised. I drank my water. I haven't had any diet soda for weeks. It's so easy to focus on the failures and the struggles....but I have made significant progress with my lifestyle changes.

It's Wednesday morning as I type this. It's a new day. There is a blank tracker ready to record today's choices.....onward

No comments: