Monday, January 7, 2013

Sunday January 6, 2013

Sunday January 6, 2013

I feel like this was a really good day. Sundays can be a challenge for me as we usually go out for lunch after church. And we usually go to places that challenge my self control!

This was no different. We went to Hometown Buffet, to face row after row of fattening, all-you-can-eat foods! So many comfort foods gathered in one place!!

I had skipped breakfast as I dinked around too long getting ready for church and ran out of time. (Note to self....boil some eggs) so we get to HTB and I'm hungry. The first thing I did was hit the salad bar and fill a plate with zero point goodies. There wasn't a salad dressing that appealed to me so I sprinkled it with vinegar.

Then I made a plate with chicken, roast beef, yams, and broccoli. I topped the yams with butter. I ate about half of the chicken and a few bites of the roast beef. The yams were to die for, so I had a second serving. It's not pictured here but I also had a cheese enchilada.

This is where it got tricky. The splurge of having a second helping of yams and a cheese enchilada put me at the edge of a dangerous place. Feeling like I had blown it brought me to that place where I'm tempted to throw caution to the wind and hit the dessert bar. ( After all, I can get back on track tomorrow with it being Monday and all...right?) I took a deep breath, pulled out my phone, and started calculating and tracking PointsPlus values.....while sipping my water. Calculating the points and putting them in my tracker was the action that backed me away from the edge. 22PointsPlus...almost my entire day's worth of points but still a salvageable day. All was not lost ....I was still "on plan." So we gathered our things, left a tip for the waitress, and left....without a trip to the dessert bar!!

Later, at home, I had some zero point WW soup and some grapes. Later still, I had mandarin oranges. And my night time snack was frozen bananas and milk, whipped into an ice cream-like concession.

At around 7:30 the urge to binge and eat everything in the house hit really hard. So, I went to bed. (It's not as crazy as it sounds. I get up at 4:00am)

So anyway...I managed to stay within my points range and I'm calling that success. I kept telling myself that I needed to go for a walk but it was cold outside and I was warm and cozy in the house....warm and cozy won out.

So....onward...

No comments: