Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday, memory verses and menus...

I participate in a small group, women's bible study at my church on the second and the forth Tuesday of the month. Right now we are going through the book, "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. The tag line on the front of the book reads, "A woman's guide to finding contentment."

The overall message of the book is based on this passage...

Philippians 4:11-13
11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


...which tells me that it is possible to be content in any and every situation I find myself in, that it's possible for me to be at peace with my circumstances and fully trusting in God, no matter what is going on around me. My goodness, who doesn't need a little peace and contentment in this crazy world!? I am loving this study and am learning and growing in my relationship with the Lord and with the people around me as I go through the lessons.

We are starting Chapter 5 this week, "Content in Relationships." Each weekly study has a memory verse to meditate on throughout the week. (I say each week but we are actually taking 2 weeks for each study) I think it will be helpful to me to include my memory verse here as I update my blog each day. So my verse for this lesson is this...

Colossians 3:12-14
12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.


....that is the verse I will be keeping before my eyes and saturating my heart with for this two week period. It's a tall order and I am excited to see what God's going to show me over the next two weeks as I hide this word in my heart.


So, here's my menu for yesterday..


Breakfast was yogurt, apple, Fiber One cereal, and lots of cinnamon! I have this for breakfast a lot. I love the combination of flavors and it's very filling. Along with my morning coffee this was a 3 point morning.



Lunch was a veggie burger with fat free cheese, on light bread with lettuce and tomato slices and a side of Pringles Light chips. 5 points



Dinner was an egg white omelet filled with mushrooms, fat free cheese and vegetarian breakfast sausage. I topped it with a little salsa and had a side of collard greens with it. This was a yummy and filling dinner that was easy to throw together on the run between work and bible study. 6 points.



I was hungry for a snack when I got home so I had a bowl of cereal...puffed kamut, Fiber One, a frozen banana, and PB2 mixed into the milk. This is not a photo of the actual bowl of cereal I ate...it doesn't show the PB2 in the milk. It was so good! 8 points.



Total Points 22
Daily target 23
Activity Points Earned 1
Weekly Points remaining 35

No comments: