Saturday, March 14, 2009



So, as you can see by this photo, I am not the only one in this house with body image issues! This is Agnes, one of the two cats who allow us to share their home with them. Agnes is still determined to get her big self into her tiny little house that she fit in as a kitten. Believe it or not, she manages to stuff herself in there! If you'r wondering why the house is lashed to the ladder, it's becaue Agnes uses it to gain access to the loft bed that is in our spare room....I mean Agnes' spare room! She jumps from the top of the house to the bed. The house is sort of wobbly and if it falls it will crash into Vern's stuff and make a huge mess....so it's tied to the ladder. It makes an interesting decorating statement, don't you think?


Ok...now on to yesterday's menu.

Breakfast was a bowl of pumpkin oatmeal. I used 1/2cup of oats, about a cup of water, 1/2cup of pumpkin, and a tbs of Smart Balance Light Buttery Spread. This is DEFINITELY a keeper! Oh my goodness...this was so good! I also had 2 cups of coffee with CoffeeMate Sugar Free Hazelnut Creamer. Total Points: 5



Lunch was a wrap that I made using a "Flat Out" flat bread wrap from Costco. These wraps are awesome! They are huge and only one point. They come in a pack of 3 packages for around six dollars. I filled my wrap with 2 oz of grilled chicken breast that I had leftover in the fridge, 2 slices of Fat Free cheddar cheese, and shredded lettuce which I sprayed with balsamic salad spritzer and black pepper. I had carrots and snap peas on the side. I made honey mustard sauce by mixing dijon mustard with a little Walden Farms pancake syrup and diped both my wrap and my veggies in it. This was a great, satisfying, light lunch. Of course I had iced blueberry herb tea with a dash of stevia to drink. Total Points: 4.5




Honest...I don't always eat junk food for dinner! It just seems that way this week. This is the leftover, low fat, vegetarian chili from last night's chili dog dinner. I scrambled some eggwhites, added the chili and cooked it down some. Then I wrapped it in low carb tortillas with a little fat free cheese. It made 3 small wraps which I paired with a tall glass of diet 7-Up for a dinner of 7.5 points.




I finished the night with a bowl of ceral and bananas. This isn't the actual cereal that I ate. I forgot to take a picture before I ate it. I had a cup of puffed kamut, a half cup of Fiber One and a half a banana with a cup of skim milk. I love cereal as a snack! 4 points



My total points for the day: 21

I am really pretty much out of veggies at my house, so a trip to the grocery store is in order! I have a lunch thing to go to today. It's a "Let's Do Lunch" thing. It's a thing that the women's ministry at my church sponsors. Here's how it works; women signed up to be a part of this event. You either sign up to be a guest or a hostess. I signed up to be a guest. The week before the lunch you get a phone call from one of the coordinators telling you where to go and what to bring. So, I am going to the home of Sumer, our women's ministry director. She is sponsoring a salad pot-luck. I am bringing my standard Top Ramen Cole Slaw, of which I will not be partaking! It's got a crazy amount of oil and top ramen noodles are crazy fattening...but everyone loves it and it's easy ...so that's what I am taking. I'm so glad it's a salad lunch! I'm sure there will be something there that is point friendly! I don't know if I'll have the courage to take photos....we'll see.

No comments: