Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday April 3, 2010...

I'm tempted to say "Day Two of being back on plan."...but if it's a lifestyle change and not a passing diet plan then it's really a moot point to count the days I stay "on plan"...now isn't it? I really want this to be a lifestyle change and not yet another passing diet plan.

Once again a managed to lolligag around long enough this morning that I ended up running out of the house without eating breakfast. I did have ONE cup of coffee with creamer and stevia, and another with just stevia.

This morning as I was running errands I was listening to this song by Mary Mary. I love this song. I love the upbeat tone and the funky sound. This morning though, it really, really ministered to my heart. I was in the car, sitting at a stoplight and singing along. (yes, I sing along in the car when I'm all alone and I can belt it out as though I can really sing...LOL) Anyway I was singing along and as I sang the words, "You broke the chains now I can lift my hands"....something happened on the inside of me and this song became the cry of my heart. God has set me free from so much and has brought me so very far.....but I feel shackled by this....addiction to/affection for...food. I need Him to take these shackles off my feet.....so I can dance...so I can be free from the shame and the guilt and the burden of this once and for all.

By the time I arrived at Costco I had to sit in the car for a few minutes and compose myself. I must have looked a sight, driving down the road singing with huge tears rolling down my face!



After I got done with my errands, I came home and put everything away and broke down all the boxes...that's the one thing about shopping at Costco...there are always all those boxes left. I wonder if I can claim activity points for shopping and putting groceries away...and hauling them all in from the car!

I had more errands to do but I was really hungry from not eating breakfast, so I stopped and made myself lunch.
I made chili dogs using a bagel thin for buns. I nuked a Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dog and broke it in half. I put half on each half of the bagel thin. I had some Hormel 99% Fat Free Vegetarian Chili in the fridge so I heated up a half a cup and spooned it over the hot dog halves. I paired these with a serving of baked Lays potato chips and some freash strawberries dipped in Fage nonfat yogurt. This was a fun, fast and easy lunch for 7 points.



After lunch I headed back out to take care of some more weekend errands. It was around 4:30 or so and I was in the grocery store and found myself really hungry. I knew I was gonna be in trouble if I allowed myself to become famished so I bought a big, juicy apple and a bottle of water along with the rest of my groceries. I used a little of the water and a paper towel to wash the apple and I ate it in the car on my way home. I am pretty pleased with myself for this one!



While I was putting away the things I got at the store I started a big pot of vegetable soup. I simply dumped a bunch of vegetables like caulilower, broccoli, spinach, green beans, tomatoes, cabbage, and yellow and red peppers into a pot, added a couple of cans of Fat Free chicken broth and let is simmer for 20 minutes or so. When I was ready to eat I added a cup of the soup to a bowl with 3 ounces of cooked chicken and a half cup of black beans. i toasted a "Sandwich Thin" and spread some Smart Balance Heart Right Light Buttery Spread...this stuff is realy good for 45 calories per tablespoon!





I finished dinner off with a bowl of Raspberry Cheesecake yogurt and mandarin orange segments.


Dinner and desert totaled 11 points

My last snack was a sweet and salty bar that I found in the cupboard. I didn't take this photo, I snagged it off of the internet because i forgot to take a photo of it.
3 points


Total Points used 24
Daily allowence 27

No comments: