Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tuesday April 13...

The time got away from me on Tuesday. I had a busy day. I took a couple of photos but not enough to make it worth posting them here.

My sisters and I have a bible study night ritual. We go to Ikea for Swedish Meatballs before study. Not wanting to throw a wrench into this time that we have together, I had to find a way to participate without breaking the bank...the points bank.

Here's what I did. I ate an apple late in the afternoon, an hour or so before i left to pick up my sisters. My younger sister is also watching her weight so I suggested to her that we split a plate. So, we split a meatball dinner and added a side salad each. We even had a nonfat frozen yogurt cone on the way out.

More and more I am learning to incorporate healthy eating into my everyday ife without going crazy andd stuffing my face and without being in bondage to a strict, regimented plan. I feel good about that.

So I finished the day a few points up from my norm but still completely within my weekly plan!

Total for the day 34
Target 27
Weekly Points used 7

2 comments:

Grace said...

So tell me... those IKEA meatballs are really good? Our closest IKEA is about 40 miles away... but when I go I wonder if I should get them... they look soo good.

Vickie said...

Yes Grace...the Ikea meatballs are good! On Tuesday's after 4pm they are $2.49 for a plate of meatballs, mashed potatoes, cream sauce, and lingonberry jam. It's a huge serving so splitting it with someone is perfect.