Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday April 15...

Today was my meeting and my second weigh-in...and I lost 2.6 pounds this week! I feel so good about what I'm doing. I feel good about what I'm eating and that I'm losing weight...but I also feel good that I am learning to look at this whole issue of weight control in a different way. I really feel like I am om my way to learning to live a healthy, balanced life.

There are only a handful of people in my life who truly know how much this area of my life was spinning out of control and how much it was frightening me. I have known for quite some time now that I had to get off of the diet roller coaster. The constant dieting and then going off of the diet and binging was becoming a scary ride. I knew I was damaging my health and yet it seemed I couldn't find a middle ground. I was either on a "diet" and forcing myself to try and live inside of very strict and narrow parameters or I was completely out of control with my eating.

I knew that the first step was to stop "dieting." So a few months back, I did exactly that. I stopped dieting...and started gaining weight. I felt like I would somehow find a balance again if I just didn't cave in and go on a "diet" again. But I just kept gaining...until that day in the doctors office that I wrote about HERE. That was the visit that started me thinking about joining Weight Watchers.

Now here I am, after only 2 weeks...and I feel like my life is changing. It's more than just following Weight Watchers...something has clicked into place for me. I don't know what to call it. I don't even think I can articulate it. But something is changing for me. And I am grateful for it.


Ok...on to today's menu.

Breakfast:
1/2 cup Egg Substitute 2.5pt
1/2 cup frozen Potatoes O'Brien .5pt
1 slice Fat Free Cheese 1pt
5 medium Strawberries 0pt
1 medium Mandarin orange .5pt
1 Bagel Thin 1 pt
1 tbs Smart Balance Heart Right Buttery Spread 1pt
Coffee with coffeemate 1pt
Total 7.5 points



Lunch:
3 oz Canned Chicken Breast 3pt
1 serving Broccoli Slaw 1pt
1tsp mayonnaise 1pt
Total 5 points



Dinner:
3 oz Cornish Hen breast meat 3pt
1/3 cup Black Beans .5pt
1 serving Cauliflower and Cheese 1pt
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese 1 pt
1 tsp Olive Oil 1 pt
1 cup Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinegar
Total 6.5 points



Dessert:
This is my version of a Banana Split...
1/2 Banana topped with
1 scoop Strawberry/Banana
1 Scoop New York Cheesecake
Golden Spoon Fat Free Frozen Yogurt
and drizzled with Walden Farms Chocolate
& Strawberry Syrups.
Total 5 Points



Total Daily points used 25
Target 27
Pounds Lost this week 2.6
Total Loss 6.4

1 comment:

Karla said...

I too have been on that roller coaster!! I used to joke how me and Oprah were alike, up and down in our weight!! It is hard, but easy... getting easier now with a little more time under my belt. 2.6 is a great loss!!! Comngrats